Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Anti-Establishment History

Anti-Establishment History:

By Al Benson Jr. Book reviews are something I have enjoyed reading and writing over the years, although I don’t consider myself especially good at writing them. On and off folks have sent me copies of their books to review and when I get one that looks like a good read I try to take the time to do a reading and review that I can hopefully get published somewhere to help them out.

The book Donnie Kennedy and I have recently had published by Pelican Publishing Co., “Lincoln’s Marxists,” has gotten a couple good reviews on Amazon.com which I enjoyed reading. We recently had another review of our book that was somewhat less than everything you could hope for, but, given the nature of the subject, I guess that is to be expected. The review was published by an outfit called Book News Inc.

http://www.booknews.com

which is out of Portland, Oregon. The reviewer majors on the minor of the two different names Donnie and I give to the “late unpleasantness.” He says we “argue between themselves over whether the US Civil War should be called The War of Southern Independence or the War of Northern Aggression.”

I don’t ever recall an argument between us over this and the two names are not mutually exclusive of one another. The “War of Southern Independence” most certainly..............
MORE.....
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****