Saturday, June 04, 2011

Constitution Worship Revisited: I’m Still Fed Up! by Gary D. Barnett

Constitution Worship Revisited:

I’m Still Fed Up! by Gary D. Barnett: "Last year I wrote an article titled 'I'm Fed Up With Constitution Worship!' Since that time it seems, I hear more and more every day about 'getting back to the constitution,' mainly from 'conservatives' and those of the Tea Party persuasion. I always wonder not only have any of these people ever read and studied the constitution, but also do they even understand why it was secretly drafted in the first place? All indications show that they aren’t at all familiar with the enabling power of that document to create a strong central governing system that reduced severely the sovereignty of the states.

I have this contrarian view not because I am cynical or pessimistic, but because I have thoroughly studied this set of rules or 'law of the land,' and found them to be antagonist to individual liberty and state’s rights, and sympathetic to big government. W"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****