Saturday, October 22, 2011

Reader's viewpoint - For two years, the police have kept my gun(OH)

Reader's viewpoint - For two years, the police have kept my gun(OH):

I live in Uhrichsville. Within eight months’ time, my property was broken into three times.

After the second time, I had a security system installed.

At 2 a.m. on April 24, 2010, the alarm to the backyard barn went off. I armed myself and went to check it out. The barn door was wide open and a man was inside looking around with a flashlight. I yelled at him to come to me and he came at me with a tire iron in hand. He was less than 10 feet away when I fired a warning shot. He turned and ran; I fired more shots trying to get him to stop. At no time was I trying to hit him.

The police came, took the tire iron that he dropped and also took my gun. It’s been almost two years, and I still cannot get my gun back.

No charges were ever filed. I saw a lawyer and was told it would cost me $400 to file papers with the court for return of the gun.

The gun was registered and I have a permit to carry. I’m 68, never been in trouble. I fired in self-defense. Why are they keeping my gun?

Recently in New Philadelphia, a man fired three shots at a truck in town. The police took his gun and returned it the same day with a warning. What is going on in Uhrichsville?

Can someone please help me get my gun back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****