Saturday, October 22, 2011

Kathy Bates: I Want Obama 'To Stand Up on His Hind Legs and Fight These Rat Bastards'

Kathy Bates:

I Want Obama 'To Stand Up on His Hind Legs and Fight These Rat Bastards':

..... And I was like -- I didn't understand it because my parents were from another generation. My dad was born in 1900, my mom in 1907. I came very late in life to them. Long story short, that was the spring that Martin Luther King was slaughtered in my hometown.

Fast forward now to, what is it three -- two years ago, I'm in Paris, I'm on my computer watching these election results, because I've gotten so inspired by this man -- and I'm so apolitical. And for the first time in I don't know how many years, I was just galvanized by this election. It was so emotional to me.

The last two years, I want to go back, something my father said to me -- he always said, "Stand up on your hind legs and fight." And that's what I'd like to say to my president, whom I'm so proud of. But I want him to stand up on his hind legs and fight these rat bastards. And he has got do it.....
EXCERPT
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****