Saturday, September 03, 2011

Gunny G’s Marines Vignettes – Tales Of The Corps! � ~ BLOGGER.GUNNY.G.1984 ~ (BLOG & EMAIL)

Gunny G’s Marines Vignettes –

Tales Of The Corps! � ~ BLOGGER.GUNNY.G.1984 ~ (BLOG & EMAIL):

As a Marine WebSite author, I have had the opportunity of viewing many other Marine WebSites, and interacting with other Marines on the web, most of them Marines much younger than myself.

Having done so (whereas I would otherwise have had no occasion to even speak with another Marine) I can say that I am impressed with the realization that no matter how much things change, the more they stay the same. During my period of active service (1952-72) great changes took place both within and without the Marine Corps. As Marines, we have all experienced such changes.

But, there are also many less dramatic changes that, together with the greater changes, affect how we feel about both ourselves as Marines, and our Corps. As a result of my experience on the net, one ever constant, never-changing, glaring fact stands out, sounding off loud and clear to me in regard to our present day Marines:

Today’s Marines are still the same Gung-Ho Marines they always were!….”Semper Fidelis!”

The following are a few reflections regarding some of the changes I .................

MORE.....
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****