Monday, June 20, 2011

The Jeffington Files| The Post & Email

The Jeffington Files| The Post & Email:

"Freedom will be born anew during the short reign of King Obama.

My first column from “The Jeffington Journal” is entitled:
“The Request”

I heard Washington call out to his adjutant, “Is General Jeffington still waiting out there? The adjutant softly said: “Yes sir.” “Well send him in here and then close the door after you”, Washington bellowed.

I entered General George Washington’s quarters and sat down next to his desk. My rank as general had more to do with family connections to the British royalty than it had to do with any military exploits I might have had in the British army, few as they were. For this meeting with General Washington I was in street clothes, for obvious reasons.

I wasn’t sure why Washington wanted to see me and I was a bit apprehensive of what he was about to say. George knew that I was equally at home in the inner circles of the British military and the elite society that surrounded them, having been raised in a British military family, as I was amongst the colonial military brass and the civilian leaders of the day. He further knew that even so, my loyalties lay with the colonists.

At least that was what was running through my mind as I sat down."........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****