Friday, September 30, 2011

Facebook Crawled my Computer??

Facebook Crawled my Computer??:

This morning I opened my Facebook page, checked on the kids and closed it. When I opened my page, I was stunned to see a friend suggestion that was a woman who I email occasionally for business purposes.

We had no connecting people displayed. The only way the FB could have linked her to me is through my email list which is in outlook. It looks like they crawled or downloaded my email addresses.

I understand that it is a service they provide, but it is never one that I have accepted, because it is creepy. Is there a way to keep FB out of the computer? So you can visit the site, check a few things and log out without them crawling in?
MORE~SEE READER RESPONSES.....
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****