Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Are you a yankee?

Are you a yankee?:

I'm originally from Louisiana, but I have been working in North Carolina for some time.

Well, as part of my job, I was dealing with a lady on the phone, and all of a sudden she blurts out, "are you a yankee"? I say, "why would you ask me that"

It seems I said the word "pecan," and pronounced it puh-KAHN and she felt it should be pronounced PEE-can. I told her I am from Louisiana and we consider her to be the yankee.

She took it all in good stride, but from what I have discerned since then, PEE-can is definitely the more yankee version.

MORE.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****