Monday, October 17, 2011

Hillary Clinton: 'It's Time for Others to Step Up'

Hillary Clinton: 'It's Time for Others to Step Up':

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton once again quashed rumors that she's still interested in running for president, this time in an interview with NBC’s Today on Monday.

“I'm really old-fashioned. I feel I have made my contribution," Clinton said. "I’m very grateful I’ve had a chance to serve, but I think it’s time for others to step up." Writing, teaching, and working on issues that affect women and girls will be in her future, Clinton assured NBC's Savannah Guthrie; that and relaxing at home.

Clinton shrugged off speculation that she should run against President Obama in 2012—or that she should have been elected instead of him in 2008. “It feels irrelevant to me,” Clinton said. She praised Obama for doing “an excellent job under the most difficult circumstances.”

(Excerpt) Read more at nationaljournal.com ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****