Wednesday, August 31, 2011

NYT Shocker: 'MSNBC Is Less a News Provider Than a Carousel of Liberal Opinion'

NYT Shocker: 'MSNBC Is Less a News Provider Than a Carousel of Liberal Opinion':

When one of the nation's most liberal papers thinks the nation's most liberal cable news network is too biased, the owners of said network should sit up and take notice.

Consider what Alessandra Stanley wrote about MSNBC at the New York Times Tuesday:

The Rev. Al Sharpton began his new career as an official MSNBC talk show host on Monday by telling viewers not to expect James Brown.

“I’m not going to be a robotic host reading the teleprompter like a robot,” he said. “Nor am I going to come in here and do the James Brown and do the ‘electric slide’ to prove to you that I’m not stiff,” he added, waving his arms in a rough approximation of a dance move. “I’m going to say what I mean and mean what I say.”

And that may be the problem with Mr. Sharpton’s cable news pulpit: what he means to say is in lockstep with every other MSNBC evening program, making the stretch between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. a nonstop lecture on liberal values and what is wrong with the Republican Party.

I very much understand if you're checking that link to verify this was indeed a Times article. I checked it thrice - be my guest.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsbusters.org ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****