Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thank You for Your Service? by Laurence M. Vance

Thank You for Your Service? by Laurence M. Vance:

"And aside from these four things, I’m afraid I must also say: Sorry, soldiers, I don’t thank you for your service.

* I don’t thank you for your service in fighting foreign wars.

* I don’t thank you for your service in fighting without a congressional declaration of war.

* I don’t thank you for your service in bombing and destroying Iraq and Afghanistan.

* I don’t thank you for your service in killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans.

* I don’t thank you for your service in expanding the war on terror to Pakistan and Yemen.

* I don’t thank you for your service in occupying over 150 countries around the world.

* I don’t thank you for your service in garrisoning the planet with over 1,000 military bases.

* I don’t thank you for your service in defending our freedoms when you do nothing of the kind.

* I don’t thank you for your service as part of the president’s personal attack force to bomb, invade, occupy, and otherwise bring death and destruction to any country he deems necessary.

Thank you for your service? I don’t think so."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****