Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gods and Generals by Brian Heyer

Gods and Generals by Brian Heyer:

"At the end, I could weep no more.

I do not know how the eight others in the audience felt. I know that if I had seen 'Gods and Generals' without first having read Thomas DiLorenzo’s important works or Charles Adam’s book, I would not have grieved so greatly. It would have been just another war film with conflicting opinions. 'Maybe there can be two right sides,' my pre-LRC mind might have concluded.

But LRC readers know the truth. The War Between the States was not necessary. The carnage at Manassas, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, and other hallowed ground was in vain.

As Charles Adams points out, even European newspaper editors saw through Lincoln’s naked aggression. Union armies crossed the Rubicon and did indeed lead to the fall of the Republic."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****