Monday, July 04, 2011

A Fourth Of July Pep Talk| The Post & Email

A Fourth Of July Pep Talk| The Post & Email: "Well, my little pep talk to myself must have worked, because I sat down and wrote a letter to my two Senators and my Representative. Like many of your readers, I get so disgusted with Congress because they don’t seem to care or listen to us and I would like to just throw my hands in the air and give up! BUT you can’t win if you don’t even try. I had read an article by Devvy Kidd where she said that writing to Congress using snail mail was better than emails or phone calls “because a member of Congress can’t ignore 300,000 letters delivered by the mailman. Hard copy letters can’t be ignored like email because they’re stacked on a desk to the ceiling.” That made sense to me, so while I usually email them I decided to try writing a real letter and drop it in the mail.

I won’t bore you with the actual letters, and no, I did not use the word ‘impeachment,’ because I am done asking about that, but"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****