Tuesday, May 17, 2011

911 tapes released in deadly SWAT shooting

911 tapes released in deadly SWAT shooting
KGUN9 ^ | 5/17/2011 | Joel Waldman

Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:28:58 PM by petitfour

TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN9-TV) – 9-1-1 recordings from a deadly SWAT shooting reveal some tense moments:

911: Is law enforcement at your house, ma'am? Is law enforcement at your house? (Are they) inside or outside your residence?

Guerena: They are outside, but they came inside! They were inside. They were (inaudible) going to shoot me. And, I put my kid in front of me. They were going to hit me!
911: Ok, I need you to calm down.

Fear and panic from the wife of decorated Marine Jose Guerena's. Vanessa Guerena called 9-1-1 the morning of May 5th, the day SWAT busted through her family's front door; unloading 71-rounds the Marine's way, in just 7-seconds.

SWAT said it did not expect Jose's wife and young son to be home. But, it also did not expect the Marine to point a semi-automatic weapon their way; saying, according to authorities, "I've got something for you!"

Moments later, the 26-year-old Marine was gasping for his last breaths of air
911: Where's he ...where's your husband at right now?
Guerena: He's on the floor!
911: Is he inside the house?

Guerena: Yes, he's on the floor! (crying) Can you please hurry up?! Somebody...
911: It's very hard for me to understand you, ok. When you get hysterical, ok?
Guerena: Can you please send somebody, please?

Help did arrive; and, reports show a Lifeline helicopter was put on standby. But, a KGUN9 investigation uncovered it took an hour-and-fourteen-minutes before SWAT let paramedics work on Guerena.

At one point, you even hear 9-1-1 operators asking wife Vanessa to provide CPR to her own husband:


Guerena: I can't. I can't. I can't do that. There's a bunch of people outside of my house. I don't know what the heck is happening.

(Excerpt) Read more at kgun9.com ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****