Friday, April 22, 2011

Donald Trump, Street Fighting Man

Donald Trump, Street Fighting Man
American Thinker ^ | April 21, 2011 | Robin of Berkeley

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 8:29:55 AM by RobinMasters

I love Sarah. Michele Bachmann is, to me, a gift to humankind. In fact, I like most of the potential conservative candidates for president.

However, my number one choice for the Republican candidate for President? Donald Trump -- or a Trump-like man. A strong man; that is, someone willing to get into the ring and get his hands dirty. A Street Fighting Man.

Now it pains me enormously to admit this. Up until three years ago, I was a progressive, and a big fan of identity politics. In fact, I gave some of my hard-earned money to Hillary Clinton's campaign, in part, because she's a woman.


I've changed since then, and no longer vote along gender or ethnic lines. However, my eschewing identity politics isn't the reason I support someone like Trump. It's because conservatives need someone who can go head-to-head with Obama -- and win. We don't need a David against their Goliath. We need a Goliath of our own.

Certainly, there are many strong female politicians out there, the so-called Mama Grizzlies. Some of them, for instance, Gov. Jan Brewer, have bigger cojones than many of the conservative pols. The question is not whether or not these women are formidable. It's whether they could win.

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****