Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Memo to Arnold Schwarzenegger and the Media --

Memo to Arnold Schwarzenegger and the Media --:

"My adoptive parents told me I was 'chosen,' but the kids at school told me I was a 'bastard.'

The recent headlines about Arnold Schwarzenegger's infidelities and the son he fathered out of wedlock have stirred many old memories and emotions.

I was four years old when I learned I was adopted. It was just before my sister Maureen's eighth birthday. I told her, 'I know what you're getting for your birthday.'

'Don't spoil the secret,' she said. 'If you tell me, I'm going to tell you a secret!'

Well, that was the wrong thing to say! I had to know what she was keeping from me! I said, 'You're getting a blue dress for your birthday.'

Maureen said, 'And you were adopted.'

I ran off to find our mother, Jane Wyman, in the den. I asked her, 'What does 'adopted' mean?'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****