Friday, May 13, 2011

Former President Clinton: I'll be surprised if Obama isn't reelected

Former President Clinton: I'll be surprised if Obama isn't reelected
The Hill ^

Posted on Friday, May 13, 2011 8:43:00 PM by Sub-Driver

Former President Clinton: I'll be surprised if Obama isn't reelected By Daniel Strauss - 05/13/11 04:48 PM ET

Former President Clinton will be surprised if President Obama doesn't get reelected.
Asked in an interview with CNBC on Friday if he thought Obama would win a second term, Clinton said, “I do, yeah.”

"I'll be surprised if he doesn't win," he said.

Clinton's optimistic comment about Obama's presidential prospects contrast with ones he made during the early primary months of the last presidential election.

In 2008, when his wife, then-Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) was running against Obama, the former president was much less complimentary about Obama's candidacy. Bill Clinton once said that the main thrust of Obama's campaign consisted of his speaking skill and his opposition to the Iraq War.

"That is the central argument for his campaign," Clinton said in 2008. "It doesn’t matter that ‘I’ started running for president less than a year after ‘I’ got to the senate after the Illinois senate. ‘I’ am a great speaker and a charismatic figure and ‘I’ am the only one who had the judgment to oppose this war from the beginning — always always always."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****