Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sen. Paul to DOE : My Toilets Don't Work 'And I Blame You'

Sen. Paul to DOE : My Toilets Don't Work 'And I Blame You'
cnsnews.com ^ | April 15, 2011 | Eric Scheiner

Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 4:48:40 PM by PROCON

(CNSNews.com) - Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) continues his lambasting of Energy Department regulations on consumer products. Blaming a Department of Energy (DOE) secretary for his non-functioning toilet a month ago and comparing new government regulations on efficiency standards to actions of “the collective” from Ayn Rand’s 1937 novel ‘Anthem’.


“You restrict my purchases, you don’t care about my choices, you don’t care about the consumer frankly, you raise the cost of the all the items with all your rules, all your notions that you know what’s best for me,” Paul said to DOE Deputy Secretary Kathleen Hogan at a Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee hearing on March 10th.
(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note:
The 'Reader Responses; shown on many posts/articles are almost always worthwhile reading.

Often, the comments by readers enhance the posted article greatly, and are informative and interesting.

Hopefully, all will remember to read the reader comments, and post their own as well.
Thanx
*****